Once you have learned yoga techniques properly from a Art of Living Yoga teacher, and are comfortable, you can start practicing them on your own. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare yourself for a fun yoga practice at home.
- 1: Choose a convenient time
- 2: Choose a comfortable place
All you need to ensure is that your yoga space is clean, well-ventilated, and away from furniture or sharp objects (learn more about a yogis home).
- 3: Practice on a relatively empty stomach
- 4: Keep your yoga wear simple
- 5: Warm up before doing intense yoga postures
- 6: It is your own body; be gentle on it
- 7: Be consistent
- 8: Make yoga time as ‘family fun time’
- 9: Include a variety of yoga techniques
Remember that yoga practice does not only include yoga postures. Our home yoga sessions should also make room for other techniques such as pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation, and Sudarshan Kriya (if you have done the Happiness Programme.